About Me

My photo
Of all of life’s many responsibilities, being a father and role model has become my passion! The apple truly does not fall far from the tree. With a five year old and a newborn, I finally asked myself, “What fruit will your tree bear?” From that moment in the summer of 2007, I have dedicated myself to providing a positive, healthy example for my children to witness. Through that commitment, I have found a life that is more rewarding than I could have ever dreamed it to be. It is my hope that with this lifestyle, I will be able to ‘RUN IT FORWARD’.

Monday, February 16, 2009

A Long Road

Two weeks from today, I will be basking in the glory of completing my second full marathon, and by basking I mean I will be asleep. Today is the first day of a long week, and I am already tired! My alarm went off at 4:45. I went to WoW!Bootcamp at 5:30, then straight work. I will squeeze in some weight training before heading to the evening Jefferson edition of WoW!Bootcamp. After which, I will race home to get on my bike in the basement for a Bike Test, as the wonderful Kim Dunker has instructed me to do. At around 9:00 tonight, I will grab a warm (if not blazing hot) shower, make sure the alarm is set for 4:45 and then immediatly pass out in bed.

Training for anything can be exhausting, but when you add in the rest of your life, it can be torture to squeeze it all in! The upside is that the training is the best part of my day and I look forward to it constantly! And when I cross that finish line in Tampa two Sundays from now, it will have all been worth it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment