About Me

My photo
Of all of life’s many responsibilities, being a father and role model has become my passion! The apple truly does not fall far from the tree. With a five year old and a newborn, I finally asked myself, “What fruit will your tree bear?” From that moment in the summer of 2007, I have dedicated myself to providing a positive, healthy example for my children to witness. Through that commitment, I have found a life that is more rewarding than I could have ever dreamed it to be. It is my hope that with this lifestyle, I will be able to ‘RUN IT FORWARD’.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm swimming!!!

I survived my first instructional swim with Coach Kim Dunker!

As I tried to explain to her while I was gasping for air, it is amazing that I have trained my body to not only run twenty miles, but do it holding a conversation, and I can't get in a few laps without feeling like I'm going to die.

"Humbling isn't it?" she said.

It is truely humbling, but at the same time a great example that there are so many options and ways for someone to develop their fitness! I am excited to know that my time in the pool will continue to progress my overall body fitness!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I can totally relate. I remember my freshman year of college, I was playing on the tennis team and in excellent shape. I took "Swimming" as a PE and it kicked my butt!!! I couldn't believe how winded I was during/after that class! What a great exercise. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete